11.07.2009

Actual Size Biennial: Contemporary Art Institute of Detroit

CAID Actual Size Biennial 2009

2009 Actual Size Biennial
November 7 – December 19, 2009
Opening Reception: November 7, 6 pm-11 pm

More than 100 Metro Detroit and Windsor area visual artists will show works in all mediums in the 2009 Actual Size Biennial.

Curated by Aaron Timlin, the Contemporary Art Institute of Detroit (CAID) presents this year’s biennial at CAID, “This is always a fun show and I look forward to it every time,” said Timlin who invited each artist to create one work in any medium, 2-D or 3-D, with the stipulation that at least two dimensions are 8 ½” x 11”.

I'll be showing one of my smaller, sound-activated companion pieces to the ATMOSPHERIC/PRESSURES series:

atmospheric_pressure_lightdark

Atmospheric/Pressures, 2009
Wood, reclaimed latex rubber, dye, sound-reactive circuit, EL-wire.


I once got a really bad critique way back in art school about my making sound and light activated work - that the same thing was going on in the lighting aisle of Home Depot and in airport toilets. Yeah, I'm over it now, thanks!

Hope to see you tonight!

No comments: